I was surprised that we didn’t see any submissions from last week’s prompts. I thought they were pretty good. There is no time limit on any of these, so whether it is from this week’s, last week’s or any of the previous prompts, if you write something worth posting please submit it to DavidandAdrianna@yahoo.com. Please include your name, picture, contact information, identify the prompt used and if your approach was innovative a short summary of how the story evolved.
This weeks prompts
- Give us your best Ghost Story, but tell it from the point-of-view of the ghost. Submitted by Adrianna Joleigh
- True New Story Prompt: In January 2004, a 30 year old woman was electrocuted to death when she stepped on a metal plate installed in the sidewalk of an East Village street in New York City. Witnesses noted the woman’s final words as she collapsed: “I get what this is now.” (If requested, I can supply the whole news account.)
- Vision Quest: You are hiking in a remote area of a vast park, you become disoriented as the day comes to an end, you have your survival kit with you and settle in for the night. You are plagued with hallucinatory visions throughout the night. What are the visions and how do they change your life.
- Voices in the Head: For a week (if survived) the main character involuntarily hears everyone’s thoughts that are within fifty feet.
- A prompt from Tolstoy’s The Death of Ivan Ilyich:
“I have been here. Now I am going there. Where? … No, I won’t have it!”
- An Accidental Love: Your main character is involved in a mutually agreed to, purely physical affair of some duration when the sex partner suddenly professes love. (take this in any direction your mind leads)